Visas can be obtained by you from the Indian Mission placed in your country.
- Tourist Visas : Multiple-entry visa, valid for 180 days
- Collective Visas : Issued for a group sponsored by a travel agency for not less than 4 people. They may split after getting a "License To Travel" from the immigration authorities in India. However, they will have to reassemble at the time of departure.
- Transit Visas : Short visas issued for a maximum of 15 days.
- Business Visas : Multiple-entry visa, valid for a period upto of five years
- Employment Visas : Granted for a period of one year, but can be extended till the end of the employment contract.
- Student Visas : Valid upto a period of one year but can be extended for the duration of the course. Proof of admission and means of sustenance needs to be produced for obtaining this visa.
- Conference Visas : Delegates attending international conferences are issued conference visas, which also covers tourism in India.
- Yoga/Dance/Music/Vedic Culture Visas : A visa for a period upto five years is granted if you wish to learn Yoga or Indian dance or Indian music or Vedic Culture.
- Others : Sports team or sportsmen participating in sporting events, journalists, film makers, media men, botanical explorers, trekking, canoeing, rafting teams may be granted visa from the Indian mission.