There are various kinds of accommodation available in India.
- Heritage Hotels And Palace Hotels : These are old palaces turned into hotels. They offer a fine Indian experience. In some of the Hotels you may even have the opportunity to witness erstwhile Indian Royalty.
- Deluxe Hotels : They are hotels with exclusive decor and amenities to match their counterparts elsewhere in the world.
- Tourist Bunglows and Travellers' Lodges : You may find here rooms with attached bathrooms or dormitories. These places have a restaurant often with an attached bar.
- Rest Houses or Dak Banglows : These are the remains of the British Raj in India, largely meant for Government officials. Tourists are allowed here only under certain conditions. Usually situated by the National Highways, hence facilitates travellers travelling by road.
- Railway Retiring Rooms : Travellers by train may avail this facility as these are located in close proximity to the railway stations.
- Paying Guest Accommodations : Indian families offer paying guest accommodation for those who would like to experience the taste of real India.
- Youth Hostels : They offer low cost accommodation with comfortable lodging.
- Temples and Camping Sites at Pilgrimages : You would find a variety of accommodations in the holy places, including free stay at some temples.